Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the main strategic objective of the EPAnEK?
The main strategic objective of the Operational Program for Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EPAnEK) is to enhance the competitiveness and extroversion of enterprises, to facilitate the transition to quality entrepreneurship through innovation and to increase domestic added value as cutting edge. EPAnEK holds a central position in the country’s effort to create and support a new production model that will lead to growth and will strengthen the competitiveness of the Greek economy by leveraging private financing.
The Partnership Agreement 2014-2020 is a critical success factor for restarting the Greek economy. The design of the New Programming Period coincided with the period of time during which a new growth model is pursued and the foundations for the future are set.
2. What are the Priority Axes of the program?
The Program consists of 3 main and 3 complementary Priority Axes (for Central Greece and South Aegean) as well as 4 axes of technical assistance (2 basic and 2 supplementary). Axis 1 (& 1S) concerns the development of entrepreneurship with sectoral priorities, Axis 2 (& 2S) the adaptation of workers, enterprises and business environment to new development requirements and Axis 3 (& 3S) has to do with the development of mechanisms to support entrepreneurship. Axes 4 (& 4S) and 5 (& 5S) refer to technical assistance for program management.
3. What is EPAnEK's budget?
EPAnEK covers the entire country and has a budget of 4.92 billion € of public expenditure (3.84 billion € of EU contribution).
4. Which are the strategic sectors of EPAnEK?
The strategic sectors covered by EPAnEK are the following:
1. Agri-food / Food industry
3. Supply Chain
4. Cultural and Creative Industries
7. Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
9. Materials – Constructions
5. Do the EPAnEK Actions cover the entire Greek territory or certain geographical regions of the country?
The Actions announced within the framework of the Operational Program for Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EPAnEK) may concern the entire Greek territory or only specific regions. The guide for the Call for Proposals of each Action being announced lists the regions it covers.
6. How can I be informed about the Actions announced?
The Help Desk provides interested parties with all the necessary information about the actions of EPAnEK. The public may visit the OP EPAnEK Help Desk, operating at 56 Mesogion Ave., in Athens, Monday to Friday, from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm or reach the call center at 801 11 36 300 from 8.00 am to 7.00pm. There is also the possibility to contact Help Desk via e-mail at email@example.com
On EPAnEK’s website www.antagonistikotita.gr, one may also find the link “I wish to be informed”, where the interested parties complete a special form in order to receive regular notifications of new posts on the EPAnEK website regarding the Actions announced, press releases, various announcements, events, etc.
Finally, one has also the choice to follow EPAnEK in the social networks and receive immediate updates on anything of concern regarding OP EPAnEK:
7. Which is the amount and percentage of funding for the Actions of EPAnEK? Is private funding necessary?
The amount and rate of public funding per Action is not fixed, but determined each time by the terms of each Action. Depending on the rate of public funding, the percentage of private funding is also determined.
8. Should I be unemployed in order to be able to participate in an Action?
Each Action sets out the conditions for the participation of potential beneficiaries. In cases where Actions are also aimed at unemployed, beneficiaries must meet all the conditions specified in the Call for Proposals for each Action (e.g. unemployment card in force).
9. Does the right to submit proposals for EPAnEK actions concern only Greek citizens or foreigners also?
There is no relevant distinction. In any case, interested parties must meet all the conditions and criteria set out in the Guide for each call.
10. Is the integration of a company into another European program a barrier to participation in some of the Actions of the EPAnEK?
There are some EPAnEK Actions where the de minimis aid rule applies. This rule does not allow a particular company to get cumulatively over a period of 3 years, financial aid that exceeds 200.000 €. At the same time, any particular action may impose, by case, restrictive conditions regarding the participation of beneficiaries in other co-financed actions. These terms are listed in detail in each Call for Proposals Guide.
11. Can investment projects proposals be submitted to more than one Actions?
The ability of submitting investment proposals to more than one co-financed Actions is defined or excluded by the terms and conditions of each Call.
12. Is there a timetable according to which new Calls for Proposals are announced at regular intervals?
Planning of forthcoming Actions takes place in the annual Monitoring Committee where they are presented and approved. Approved forthcoming Actions are included in detail in the official documents of the Committee which are posted on the website www.antagonistikotita.gr
Any relevant information on each Action is provided directly through the website www.antagonistikotita.gr as well as at EPAnEK social networks. It is also noted that for each Action published, reasonable time is given for the preparation of the interested investor before the deadline for submission of applications.
13. What is the procedure for submitting investment plans to any State aid Action?
Investment projects are submitted electronically to the State Aid Information System at specific submission periods, which are defined in the Call for Proposals Guides for each Action. Subsequently, the potential beneficiaries of each Action are invited to submit the required, in each case, supporting documents.
14. There are certain documents which are submitted by interested parties in order to qualify for each Action?
Each Action has different objectives, conditions, potential beneficiaries and eligible costs. Therefore, the documents required are adjusted according to each Call for Proposals and are referred to respective Guides and their Annexes.
15. What is the time required to evaluate and approve proposals for each Action?
The amount of time required is usually determined by the number of proposals submitted to each Call. The evaluation procedure for the proposals is mentioned in detail in the Guides and Annexes of each Call for Proposals.
16. Should I contact an advisory office to be informed and submit the investment proposals for the Actions announced?
It is at the discretion of the prospective beneficiary to consider whether and what kind of assistance is needed to complete an application.
However, it should be made clear that the information necessary to complete the application for each Action is provided free of charge on the website www.antagonistikotita.gr, at the Help Desk of OP EPAnEK, 56, Mesogion Ave., from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on daily basis, as well as by the call center of OP EPAnEK, at 801 11 36300 (local charge, call only from land line) from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. Information is also provided by the Intermediate Body EFEPAE www.efepae.gr and its partner information points.
17. What does the term "smart specialization strategy" RIS3 mean?
Smart Specialization Strategy RIS3 is an integrated economic transformation agenda, adjusted to the specific features of each region. The purpose of the National Strategy for Smart Specialization (RIS3) is the focused productive reconstruction of the country with the key pillar of research, technological development and innovation to mitigate regional inequalities and create sustainable employment with respect for people and society, environment and culture.
18. Is there a special care to ensure equal access for disabled people and to ensure their accessibility in the context of the Actions of EPAnEK?
Eliminating all forms of discrimination, promoting equal opportunities and ensuring accessibility for people with disabilities is a horizontal principle of the Operational Program as a whole.
19. Is the amount of the subsidy immediately disbursed?
The process of disbursing the grant is outlined in the guides and annexes of each Call.
20. How can I be informed about past Actions ?
Any Actions that have been implemented in the past within the framework of the EPAnEK can be found at the following link.