The Operational Program “Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship &Innovation” (EPAnEK) is one of the seven Sectoral and thirteen Regional Operational Programs of the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement (the new NSRF) for the period 2014-2020. The 2nd Revision of the Operational Program EPAnEK for the year 2018 was intended to contribute to the optimal utilization of the resources allocated to the country for smart and sustainable growth. The Revision was approved on 12/12/2018 by the European Commission’s Executive Decision No. C (2018) 8855 final.
EPAnEK covers the whole of Greece and has a 4.72 billion € public expenditure budget (3.69 billion € Union contribution). The pivotal strategic objective of EPAnEK is to enhance the competitiveness and extroversion of enterprises, to facilitate transition to quality entrepreneurship with innovation and the growth of domestic added value as the cutting edge. The Operational Programme for Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship & Innovation occupies a central position to the Country’s efforts to create a new production model that will lead to development and will strengthen the competitiveness of the Greek economy by leveraging private financing.
The new model brings to the fore productive, competitive and outward-looking sectors of the economy, such as tourism, energy, agri-food, the environment, the supply chain, information and communication technologies, health and the pharmaceutical industry, creative and cultural industries, materials – construction.
Through EPAnEK and in synergy with Regional Operational Programmes, the Smart Specialisation strategy is implemented with a view to connecting research and innovation with entrepreneurship, and to enhance/develop existing and/or new competitive advantages of the Country and its Regions.
EPAnEK is structured around the following main Priority Axes:
- “Enhancing entrepreneurship with sectoral priorities” 2.356,2 million € total budget
- “Adaptability of workers, enterprises and entrepreneurial environment to the new development requirements” 729,9 million € total budget
- “Development of mechanisms to support entrepreneurship” 1.534,5 million € total budget
- “ERDF Technical Assistance” 79,5 million € total budget
- “ESF Technical Assistance” 16 million € total budget
- Final Ex-ante Evaluation Report
- Environmental Pre-Screening for the 2nd revision of the Operational Program “Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship & Innovation” 2014-2020
- Summary of the “Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship & Innovation” Operational Programme
- EPAnEK 2018
- The European Commission Decision on the “Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship & Innovation” Operational Programme
- Joint Ministerial Decision Approving the Strategic Environmental Impact Assessment for the “Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship & Innovation” Operational Programme
- Approved Strategic Environmental Impact Assessment of the “Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship & Innovation” Operational Programme 2014-2020
- Environmental Pre-Screening for the 1st revision of the Operational Program “Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship & Innovation” 2014-2020